INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROSPECT
All information provided here is publicly available.
Name of the prospect
Statoil Petroleum AS (30%)
Chevron Norge (20%)
Lundin Norway (15%)
ConocoPhillips Skandinavia (15%)
Location & Description
Exploration well 7435/12-1 Korpfjell is located in PL859 on Haapet Dome, on the Bjarmeland Platform, approximately 37 km from the border with Russia. Water depth at the well location is ca. 253 m MSL.
The primary objective is to prove hydrocarbons and investigate reservoir potential and source rock in sandstones of Jurassic age Realgrunnen subgroup (Stø and Tubåen Formations). Secondary objectives are deeper sandstones of the Triassic age, Snadd and Kobbe Formations. The well will be drilled to a minimum depth of 1100 m MSL.
The Korpfjell prospect has a significant volume potential and could be a candidate for a standalone development. In addition, there are several mapped prospects in the area.
The well was spudded on August 9th 2017.
This will be the first exploration well drilled within the licence area.
- Tror på kildebergart, 20. Aug 2017
- Korpfjell spuddet, geo365.no, 13. Aug 2017
- DE-RISKING GONE WRONG, geo365.no, 21 Feb 2017
- Statoil med borekampanje i Barentshavet, by petro.no, 26 Jan 2017
- Skal bore tre letebrønner på 98 dager, by offshore.no, 26 Jan 2017
- Beredskapsanalyse for letebrønn 7435/12-1 Korpfjell, miljodirektoratet.no, 06. Jan 2017
- Kjører storkampanje i Barentshavet, geo365.no, 30 Aug 2016
- Det neste gigantfeltet, geo365.no, 05. Okt 2016
End date of bet
The WellBet on this prospect was closed after official press-release of drilling completion and results from NPD on August 29, 2017.